Join us for a WebEx meeting (Formerly was to be a Zoom meeting) on Oct.13, Tuesday at 2:00PM for one hour. Our speaker will be Alyssa Carter of the Ed Robson Library. Alyssa is a library professional having worked with the Maricopa County Library District for eight years. She has been at the Robson Library for about two years. Alyssa will be telling us about all the wonderful electronic services that the Maricopa County Library District offers to its customers.
The Library administrators have advised she change from a Zoom Event to WebEx for ease of use. Both WebEx and Zoom are similar processes.
Register for the Event In the “Upcoming Events” Section of the website https://www.sunlakesappleclub.com . We will distribute instructions for joining the WebEx meeting to those who register on Thursday Oct. 8th. For late registrants, we will distribute instructions on Monday, Oct. 12th.
The eMedia portion will include
* Overdrive: Access over 200,000 eBooks, magazines, and audiobooks
* Hoopla: With a wide variety of popular audiobooks, eBooks, music, movies, and TV programs
* Kanopy: With over 25,000 video titles, Kanopy gives customers access to things like classic films, Great Courses, and documentaries.
* Freegal: Allows customers to download (and keep!) up to five songs per week and allows streaming 24/7.
* Flipster: Almost 40 magazine titles readily available
*TumbleBooks: Online books for kids! TumbleBooks makes reading fun with animation and music!
The Online Learning portion will include:
* Gale Courses: Free online courses that you can take. Class subjects range from business to personal development. These courses are six weeks with one start date each month!
* Learning Express Library: Learn new subjects at your own pace with the Learning Express Library! These modules give customers the opportunity to learn new subjects without the pressure of traditional course deadlines.
* Rocket Languages: Learn a new language with Rocket Languages! This resource gives customers the opportunity to learn languages using listening, speaking, and writing skills.